Safety Leadership Certificate: Supervisor
This track in the Safety Leadership Certificate Program helps supervisors define their roles, identify safety solutions and develop safety knowledge at their organizations. It gives supervisors and managers the insights, leadership skills and methods they need to make safety a part of their responsibilities and be an effective safety leader.
Whether online or in the classroom, this course trains supervisors and managers to incorporate best safety practices into their daily management activities. It requires participants to show they have learned the knowledge and skills and are prepared to implement them in the workplace.
What You Will Learn
● How to confidently address critical safety and health issues
● Enhance safety responsibilities and safety management systems
● Promote a positive safety culture
● Support workers with on-going safety training, on-the-job training and promote safe behavior
● Satisfy OSHA compliance regulations
● Conduct successful safety inspections, incident investigations and safety meetings
● Identify, control and eliminate health and safety hazards
● Prevent workplace incidents
● Implement a positive and effective safety culture
● Analyze safety and health issues from management's perspective
Workplace impairment from alcohol, opioids or cannabis, or physical and mental factors like fatigue and stress, negatively affect workplace safety, employee wellbeing and your bottom line. This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to recognize and respond to perceived impairment in the workplace, no matter the cause.
What You Will Learn
● Importance of recognizing and responding to impairment
● Supervisor responsibilities when recognizing impairment
● Common causes of impairment (alcohol, cannabis, fatigue, mental distress and more)
● Common signs and symptoms of impairment
● Six steps to respond to potential impairment
● Human resources involvement, prevention, laws and regulations
Course 1: Advance Safety Orientation for Managers and Supervisors in Construction (online)
The Advanced Safety Orientation for Construction Industry program is a series of safety courses that target hazards and precautions common to construction sites and construction-related work activities. This program is ideal for newly hired construction workers who need a solid foundation in hazard recognition skills.
Course 2: Advance Safety Orientation for Managers and Supervisors in General Industry (online)
The Advanced Safety Orientation for Managers and Supervisors in General Industry program is ideal for general industry workers. While this program contains some of the same courses included in other advanced orientation programs, the program for managers/supervisors features safety management information and an even wider range of topics.
Course 3: OSHA 10- Hour General Industry Training (online)
This program provides information about worker rights, employer responsibilities and teaches how to identify, abate, avoid and prevent job-related hazards. Although many essential safety topics are covered, additional site-specific information and hands-on demonstrations of skills are ultimately needed for your safety and to fulfill training requirements found in OSHA standards.
Course 4: OSHA 10 and 30 Hour Construction Industry (online)
This course provides a greater variety of safety subjects, and in-depth content geared specifically toward the construction industry. It’s intended for supervisors and workers with safety and health responsibilities, and is ideal for training construction workers and supervisors about OSHA safety standards.
The National Safety Council, in partnership with UL PureSafety, offers the most extensive environmental, health and safety library in the eLearning industry. Our library consists of more than 700 courses created by a leading team of industry professionals.