- Every 7 seconds, someone is injured in a car crash
- Every 15 minutes, someone is killed
- Many of the crashes occur during the work day or the daily commute
- Employers absorb costs associated with these crashes, whether they occur on or off the job
- Motor vehicle crashes are the #1 cause of workplace death
Employers have a significant role in reducing vehicle crashes. Through workplace policies and education, employers can help protect their workforce, protect their organizations and, in turn, protect employees' own families and communities.
NSC has released the free NSC Safe Driving Toolkit.
- It helps safety and HR professionals build senior management support for policies and education to influence safer driving behaviors
- It provides policies and educational materials that look at the top factors in fatal crashes: distraction, alcohol, drugs and fatigue
- It contains myriad safe driving resources and ready-made communication tools to educate employees, including videos, fact sheets and FAQs, infographics, posters, survivor advocate stories and more