Awarding Excellence in Driver Safety Training
Defensive Driving Classroom Courses
Defensive Driving Online Courses
Become an Authorized Instructor
Become a Training Center
NSC Can Train at Your Facility
State Driver Improvement Programs
Traffic Court Programs
Mature Driver Online Course
Work Zone Safety Training
Find a Training Center
Shop Defensive Driving
Shop First Aid
The National Safety Council is accepting applications for Instructor of the Year awards, which recognize defensive driving instructors who go above and beyond their daily duties to build a culture and vision for safety, and achieve safety excellence for their communities. Winning safety professionals will be selected by members of the DDC International Advisory Committee — safety consultants and professionals who are leading experts in the field.
Winners will be announced in the fall. Instructor of the Year, along with Training Center awards, will be presented the 2023 Safety Congress & Expo, which will be held in New Orleans Oct. 20-26. Awards will be mailed out in the winter.
Nominate a colleague or yourself for an award. Deadline is June 30, 2023. Your application will be considered complete when you receive an email from a DDC team member. If you don’t receive an email, your application was not successfully submitted. For questions about your submission, please email [email protected].
The nomination period closes on June 30, 2023.
Instructor of the Year award-winners will be notified in the fall and can attend the formal presentation at the 2023 Safety Congress & Expo in New Orleans Oct. 20-26.
Each year nominations may be submitted for each core course offered by the National Safety Council. The award-winners for each core course will be determined by Defensive Driving Courses International Advisory Committee (IAC). The James A. Solomon Award will be made from the final selection of Instructor of the Year winners by the IAC. Winners will be announced in the fall, and the awards will be mailed out in the winter. Instructor of the Year, along with the Training Center Awards, will be presented at the 2023 Safety Congress & Expo, which will be held Oct. 20-26 in New Orleans.
Nominations must be processed through the online submission form. We will not accept submissions through any other format.
Nominations may be made by an NSC Division member, board member, officer, training center, member chapter, instructor or interested person with involvement in Defensive Driving Courses.
Completed nominations must be submitted online no later than June 30, 2023. Individuals may be nominated for more than one award, however separate nominations must be provided for each course.
Your application will be considered complete when you receive an email from a DDC team member. If you don’t receive an email, your application was not successfully submitted. If you have questions about your submission, please email [email protected].
To be eligible for nomination the nominee must be:
● A current DDC instructor with certification number
● Affiliated with a DDC training center
● Certified as an instructor for the program for which they are nominated
● A role model that has an exemplary driving record
To be eligible for nomination, the nominee should:
● Demonstrate the scope and impact of defensive driving activities for each category nominated
● Demonstrate leadership and long-term dedication to the defensive driving field
● Demonstrate an involvement with programs and activities increasing the use, application and awareness of defensive driving; further indicate professional, personal and community affiliations and recognitions
● Demonstrate their desire to maintain their knowledge and skills in course presentation
● Have at least one DDC instructor (or student) evaluation – please email evaluation to [email protected]. Please include nominator and nominee name.
Have questions? Email the DDC Awards Team at [email protected].