The National Safety Council is the only safety organization to be chartered by Congress and recognized for its leadership in safety programs and advocacy. In 1964, the Council pioneered the country’s first Defensive Driving Course. Since then, we have trained more than 80 million drivers in all 50 states – and around the world.
The leading cause of occupational fatalities is vehicle-related crashes. NSC has been actively working to reduce motor vehicle collisions for more than five decades. We lead the way to reduce traffic crashes, helping save lives. Thousands of companies – Fortune 100 corporations, small businesses, nonprofits and community service agencies – all depend on NSC to educate their employees and professional drivers.
Employers pay significant costs associated with motor vehicle crashes. When employees are involved in traffic incidents, companies are exposed to liability risks and legal expenses, not to mention lost time, decreased productivity and increased insurance and workers’ compensation rates.
Implementing a driver safety program will keep employees safer and can potentially:
● Decrease risk of motor vehicle collisions and traffic violations
● Minimize exposure to liability risks and legal costs
● Reduce insurance premiums and workers’ compensation claims
● Lower vehicle repair bills and replacement expenses
● Protect business operations and brand identity