With 157 million people in the U.S. workforce, employers play a critical role in helping the American public understand the benefits a vaccine brings. Experts project at least 60-70% of the population needs immunity, through either vaccination or previous exposure, in order to end the pandemic. While vaccines for various illnesses tend to illicit strong feelings on both sides, widespread support for the COVID-19 vaccine is critical – not just to the health of our population. Our economic recovery depends on it.
Introducing Health Action Alliance
NSC is proud to be an official partner of the Health Action Alliance, an exciting new partnership among leading business, communications and public health organizations to strengthen the business community’s response to COVID-19 and help rebuild public health. Check out new resources, including trusted tools and events to help you create your company’s vaccine plan, educate and engage workers and strengthen community vaccination efforts. Sign up to receive Health Action Alliance updates.
Business Leaders Can do Their Part By:
- Using this reopening considerations guide to plan for a "reopened" work environment, which takes work performance, work environment and community factors into account
- Educating employees about the vaccine to make an informed choice when eligible
- Check out the new CDC communication toolkit to help employers build confidence in their workforce for the vaccine
- Supporting opportunities for employees to get the vaccine once it is widely available
- Review your current flu shot program so you have a plan in place when vaccines are widely available
- Partner with local healthcare provider
- Developing a plan to communicate to employees to answers questions related to the vaccine – including legal rights of both employees and employers when it comes to requiring vaccines
- Guide your vaccine strategy development with this framework, in English and Español
- Review the Spectrum of Employer Vaccine Approaches
- Questions every employer must answer for a comprehensive vaccine plan, in English and Español
- Check out this COVID-19 vaccine federal guidance for occupations
- Continuing to reinforce proven COVID-19 safety precautions – encouraging face coverings, hand-washing, physical distancing, remote work for nonessential employees, testing, and contact tracing – to stop the spread.
How Other Organizations are Managing the Vaccine
Check back for additional resources from the NSC SAFER taskforce. Sign up to be notified when new materials become available.