SAFER Guides Employers: COVID-19 and the Workplace
SAFER is a comprehensive effort aimed at helping employers prioritize safety as they return to traditional work environments. At the center of SAFER is a task force comprised of Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, legal and public health professionals, medical professionals and government representatives that make recommendations based on proven workplace safety strategies.
In May 2020, NSC urged the Department of Labor to adopt the SAFER Framework as part of its Opening America’s Workplaces Again national online dialogue. In May 2021, NSC updated its SAFER Framework with the latest guidelines, including ventilation and filtration guidance, long-term implications of remote work and flexible schedules and vaccine policies.
NSC also publishes COVID-19 data on Injury Facts®. Use the interactive map to track new cases, rates per 100,000 population, confirmed cases, deaths and state-specific trends. This list of COVID-19 resources for workplace safety and health and related topics is provided by NSC and OSHA.
Anyone interested in assisting in this effort can email [email protected]. Sign up to receive a notification when new SAFER resources are available.
● Future of Work Summit highlights
● NSC member-exclusive COVID-19 Resources
● Learn how vulnerable your business is to COVID-19 transmission
● Purchase a set of four posters to help your employees stay safe in the workplace
● The SAFER Collection: Resources to help employers return to traditional work settings
● Up-to-the-minute coverage on coronavirus from Safety+Health magazine